Most Anticipated Book Releases - January 2018 Edition! {Part 1}

Hello guys and welcome to January's most anticipated book releases! There are a lot of books coming out the first month of the new year so, be prepared! I cannot express how excited I am for all of these books and hopefully, I'll be able to get my hands on at least some of them!

Make sure to let me know which novels you're most excited and cannot wait to read and don't forget to come back for the second part next week!
*The Immortalists By Chloe Benjamin
Publication Date: January 9th
Genres: Contemporary, Fantasy

This one sounds extremely interesting and complex, in a very good and intriguing way! It follows the lives of four children who visit a traveling psychic that claims to be able to tell anyone the day they'll die and how their present is shaped based on that revelation. Such a fascinating concept!

*Reign of the Fallen {Reign of the Fallen #1} By Sarah Glenn Marsh
Publication Date: January 23rd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy 

I haven't read a book about necromancers and this one does sound like something I would personally enjoy! The main character, Odessa, has to raise the nobles that die, by retrieving their souls from a dreamy and dangerous shadow world called the Deadlands. But, the Dead must remain shrouded, otherwise they'll transform into zombie-like monsters called Shades! Sounds fascinating, right?

*Everless By Sara Holland
Publication Date: January 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This one actually reminded me of In Time, with Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried and definitely a favorite of mine. It has more of a Fantasy setting whereas than one was clearly Dystopian but, the more time you have the more you'll live in both of them! 

*The Cruel Prince {The Folk of the Air #1} By Holly Black
Publication Date: January 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I haven't read a novel by Holly Black in ages and I'm definitely extremely excited for her new series! I cannot wait to get my hands on it because it's definitely at the top of my to be read list. A priority, if you wish!
*The Hazel Wood By Melissa Albert
Publication Date: January 30th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Extremely excited for this one! The main character's name is Alice! Need I say more than that? It doesn't really give off extreme Alice in Wonderland vibes but, the synopsis does point towards Dark Fairytales and seems to have a very twisted and mysterious plot! Which I'm obviously all up for!

*Keeper By Kim Chance
Publication Date: January 30th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal

Haven't read a book about witches in a while and I'm definitely feeling a sort of withdrawal lately. Keeper is the perfect novel to get me back on track since it sounds more than fascinating! A girl is attacked by a witch and after trying to logically explain why, she realizes that she's a Keeper. What is a Keeper, you might be wondering. A witch with the exclusive ability to unlock and wield the Grimoire, a dangerous book of spells. Which has been stolen, by the way. And she apparently has to reclaim in order to prevent destruction.

*The Forgotten Book By Mechthild Glaser
Publication Date: January 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This one is being translated from German but, I thought I'd include it since it technically does come out next month in English. It sounds super intriguing and I'd really like to read it some day! I actually haven't read anything like this before so, definitely looking forward to it!
*Markswoman {Asiana #1} By Rati Mehrotra 
Publication Date: January 23rd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This book drew my attention, just by its cover and title! A sisterhood of elite warriors armed with telepathic blades? Check! Kick-ass main heroine? Check! Fascinating plot? Also check!

*Reign the Earth {The Elementae #1} By A.C. Gaughen
Publication Date: January 30th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This is at the very top of my Wishlist and I cannot express how ecstatic I am for it! A.C. Gaughen is the author of Scarlet, one of my favorite series and a re-telling of Robin Hood! I've mentioned it a lot of times throughout my blogging years so, you might've seen it featured on Book Lady's Reviews before! Make sure to read the synopsis of this one! It won't disappoint, I promise!

*The Extinction Trials {The Extinction Trials #1} By S.M. Wilson
Publication Date: January 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Both the cover and the title of this book are extremely catchy and call out to me! It also screams Hunger Games in Fantasy setting so, that'd be very interesting to read about!
*Between the Blade and the Heart {Valkyrie #1} By Amanda Hocking
Publication Date: January 2nd
Publication Date: Young Adult, Fantasy

This sounds so interesting, mainly because I've never personally read any book about actual Valkyries. You should definitely look into Norse Mythology and Valkyries! It's extremely intriguing to read about and I can never get enough!

*Beneath the Sugar Sky {Wayward Children #3} By Seanan McGuire
Publication Date: January 9th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I normally avoid featuring sequels, especially when it comes to series that I haven't even personally started yet but, this particular one I've had my eye on for ages! And I really hope that, by adding it to this list, I'll finally be able to get my hands on it!

*Shadowsong {Wintersong #2} By S. Jae-Jones
Publication Date: January 30th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Another series that I really want to start next year! I did feature Wintersong in one of my previous Most Anticipated posts but, never got around to reading it so, hopefully, I'll be able to do so sometime soon!

That was it for Part 1 guys! Hope you enjoyed the posts and added the books that you found interesting on your To Be Read Lists! 

Make sure to let me know if you plan on reading any of these! 

Until the next post,

Comments