Most Anticipated Book Releases - June Edition! {Part 1}

Hello guys and welcome to June's most anticipated book releases post! I do these every single month since the beginning of the year and I really hope you guys find them useful! There are so many books coming out during the summertime and I'm already feeling extremely overwhelmed because for each book I buy, I have to read five more. Or rather, for every five books that I read, I'm allowing myself to check out of the Book Depository with just one, which will be a huge struggle! Didn't want to go on a book buying ban because then, I would've been even more inclined to buy books so, I figured with this kind of challenge, I was narrowing down the books currently on my TBR shelf and adding one for every five that I move to my read shelf! I also just created a TBR jar, which will hopefully help me narrow down my choices when I'm not sure what to read next! 

Do you guys go on book buying challenges when things get out of hand?

I though I'd leave my bookish updates here in case you don't follow me on Instagram because I completely forgot to put together a monthly wrap up and there's no point in posting one now, since we're already halfway through May! Since all that's being said, let's move on to Part 1 of June's most anticipated reads!
*Summer of Salt By Katrina Leno
Publication Date: June 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This one has a bit of Magical Realism thrown in which isn't something I reach for often but, this one really intrigued me! Magic has been passed down through generations and every woman in her family so, Georgina is more than ready to feel her fingers tingling with it! With her eighteenth birthday looming closer and no signs of magic, Georgina feels like her gift will never come. Until tragedy strikes and the family's special gift puts them in suspicion. Over the course of her last summer on the island, she'll learn the truth about magic in all its forms!

*The Summer of Us By Cecilia Vinesse
Publication Date: June 14th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

Five friends. Ten Days. Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Florence, Barcelona. And a messy, complicated can-this-really-be-happening love story or two...because how could there not be? This is a road trip Contemporary which I haven't read in ages and it sounds like the perfect summer read, as the title suggests!

*Wild Blue Wonder By Carlie Sorosiak
Publication Date: June 26th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

There are two monsters in the story. One of them is me...This is how the synopsis for this novel starts and I have to say that I was quite intrigued by it, when I first stumbled upon it! It sounds like such a heartbreaking story about loss and coming to terms with it, without losing ourselves completely in the process.
 *Tell Me No Lies By Adele Griffin
Publication Date: June 12th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This one is set in the late 1980s, which is pretty exciting because I don't think I've ever read an actual Contemporary set in the '80s! I think it's actually a companion novel to a book published last year and I've actually heard of this author before but, never read any of her book! Better late than never though!

*One Small Thing By Erin Watt
Publication Date: June 26th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I actually just finished reading Paper Princess by Erin Watt - which is actually a pseudonym for two popular Romance authors - and truth be told, I wasn't really impressed. Regardless of my negative thoughts on that novel though, I'm very intrigued by One Small Thing and might give in and pick it up sometime soon! It follows Beth and her life after her sister's death, which has made her parents paranoid and left her heartbroken!


*The Fragile Ordinary By Samantha Young
Publication Date: June 26th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I've talked about my love for Samantha Young's novels before and she's become one of my auto buy authors so, I obviously had to share with you the release of her newest story, The Fragile Ordinary! It follows shy Comet and bad boy Tobias, who can either go their separate ways or take a risk on something extraordinary!
*A Thousand Perfect Notes By C.G. Drews
Publication Date: June 7th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

You might know the author of this one as Paper Fury on social media and this is her debut, which I'm more than excited to get my hands on! I absolutely love her and she's such an amazing human being so, I cannot wait to read A Thousand Perfect Notes!!!

*Save the Date By Morgan Matson
Publication Date: June 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

You've probably seen this around the book community a million times already but, I thought I'd include it in this post anyway! To be completely honest, I don't plan on picking this up because it truly does not interest me but, some of you might want to add it on your TBR lists!

*Not the Girls You're Looking For By Aminah Mae Safi
Publication Date: June 19th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I cannot begin to describe my excitement and how desperate I actually am to get my hands on this book! It sounds like the perfect coming of age Contemporary and you guys need to read it's synopsis ASAP!
*Tell Me No Lies {Follow Me Back #2} By A.V. Geiger
Publication Date: June 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery

Two books with the same title coming out during the same month of the same year? Why not!? They sound completely different though which is such a relief! This one is on the Mystery side and follows a girl with agoraphobia and a rock star who's apparently disappeared! It's an actual sequel and its predecessor sounds equally fascinating so, I might just have to get my hands on it sooner than I'd anticipated!

*The Lost for Words Bookshop By Stephanie Butland
Publication Date: June 19th
Genres: Contemporary, Fiction

The title of this one drew me in as soon as I laid my eyes on it and I can't get it out of my head! The main character could've easily been me and I cannot wait to get my hands on it so that I can relate to her in every way possible!

*Dear Rachel Maddow By Adrienne Kisner
Publication Date: June 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

The synopsis of this one is quite fascinating and it sounds like such an impactful read about standing up for what is right! I'm absolutely in love with the cover and if you guys don't want to miss out, make sure to shelve this one and mark your calendars for its release!
*The Art of Escaping By Erin Callahan
Publication Date: June 19th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

The Art of Escaping follows Mattie, who's obsessed with Harry Houdini and Dorothy Dietrich, seeks out the reclusive daughter of a world - renewed escape artist whose life and career were snuffed out by a tragic plane crash! With her help, she secretly transforms herself into a burgeoning escapologist and performance artist, something she has to keep a secret from everyone she knows! I've never read anything like this before and it sounds like an amazing debut so, I'm really excited to get my hands on it!

*A Flicker In the Clarity By Amy McNamara
Publication Date: June 12th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

All Evie wants is to get her best friend back but, Emma seems hell bent on self destruction! Evie is used to swooping in to pull Emma out of her troubles, but how do you help someone who doesn't want to be saved? This sounds like such a heartbreaking story about friendship, loss and betrayal! I discovered it while browsing through Goodreads and I obviously had to share it with you!

*Fat Girl On A Plane By Kelly deVos
Publication Date: June 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This is probably at the very top of my TBR list and I would give up anything to get my hands on it! It sounds like such an important story that needs to be told and read, about how important body image really is and the role it plays in fulfilling our dreams! I seriously cannot wait for it!

That was it for today's post guys! Hope you found it helpful and marked your calendars for the June Contemporary releases that interest you! Stay tuned for the second part, which is coming up sometime in the next couple of days!

Comments

  1. All these books sound so interesting. I'll definitely keep my eye out for a couple of them. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lost for Words Bookshop sounds really cute! I'm excited about Cait's book too.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!